Boy escapes fire sparked by fuse box

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a fuse box caught fire in the hallway of a house.

Crews from Billingham and Stockton were called to Hastings Way, in Low Grange, Billingham, after reports of a house fire.

When they arrived they discovered a fuse box was on fire in the hallway.

A man - who was showering at the time - and a young boy, believed to be about 10, had both safely left the house after raising the alarm.

The fire completely destroyed the fuse box and there was smoke damage to the hallway and the rest of the property.

The cause is under investigation.

Crews were called at 7.45pm on Friday night.