A casualty was treated with oxygen by firefighters at the scene of a late-night flat fire in Hartlepool.
Two fire engines from Stranton fire station were called to the property in Yeoville Walk, Throston Grange, at 10.40pm last night.
The fire had started in a pan in the kitchen, and crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, and a fire blanket to extinguish the blaze.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was then used to ventilate the property.
One casualty received oxygen therapy by firefighters before the ambulance service took over.
The kitchen was damaged by heat and smoke and the pan was destroyed.