A man who burgled two houses and took part in a joint attack in a takeaway restaurant has been jailed for 34 months.
Anthony Clark took advantage of two unlocked doors to sneak into the houses and steal the occupants’ handbags, Teesside Crown Court heard.
While on bail, he and two other men attacked their victim in the Istanbul kebab shop in York Road, Hartlepool.
“The first burglary took place at a house in Flint Walk in Hartlepool,” said Nigel Soppitt, prosecuting.
“One of the occupants of the property left for work early in the morning, closing the back door but not locking it, because he knew the other occupants of the house would be up and about fairly shortly.
“When they got up, they found an untidy search had been done of the kitchen, and a handbag and clothing stolen.
“Later that day, police had occasion to speak to Clark about an unrelated matter.
“His mother told the officers Clark had arrived home with some items which were later found to have been taken in the burglary.”
The court heard Clark burgled a house in Chester Street, Houghton, Sunderland, while the householder was gardening.
“It was another sneak-in burglary,” said Mr Soppitt, “On this occasion a handbag and car keys were stolen.”
Clark, 30, of Grange Road, Hartlepool, admitted burglary on December 15 last year and May 21 this year. He admitted affray on May 12 this year.
Lee Darby, 29, of Ridley Court, Hartlepool, and David Neville, 30, of Dudden Walk, Manchester, admitted affray.
The court heard the three men attacked their victim in the lobby of the takeaway, knocking him to the floor,
Neville and Darby hit the victim with a chair.
Lawyers for the three men said no serious injury was caused, and there was no damage to property.
Judge Simon Bourne-Arton jailed Clark for 34 months.
Darby was jailed for 10 months, and Neville was jailed for eight months, suspended for 18 months.