Hartlepool man warned 'all options' open for sentencing after he admits serious assault

A Hartlepool man has been warned that ‘all options’ are open when he is sentenced for a serious assault.

Tuesday, 26th November 2019, 5:30 pm
Updated Thursday, 28th November 2019, 11:11 am

Malcolm Horsley, 58, of Gleneagles Road, has pleaded guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm on June 8 of last year.

He was due to go on trial on a more serious charge of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent at Teesside Crown Court.

But the prosecuting barrister said the Crown Prosecution Service had reviewed matters and now accepted the guilty plea to the lesser charge of Section 20 assault and will offer no evidence on the other count in due course.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The case was heard at Teesside Crown Court.
The case was heard at Teesside Crown Court.

Horsley is due to be sentenced on January 9 next year. He was granted bail until that date.

Judge Peter Armstrong said: “All options will be open to the court.”