SLIDESHOW: Police release second gallery of Newcastle’s derby rampage suspects

POLICE have released a second set of CCTV images of people they need to trace following disorder after the Tyne-Wear derby.

Since last Monday, officers have arrested 18 people on suspicion of violent disorder, bringing the total number of arrests in relation to the derby to 47.

Officers arrested 29 people throughout the day on Sunday, April 14, and an investigation is under way to identify and arrest those involved in the disorder which took place immediately after the end of the match, in Newcastle city centre.

A further 26 images of people police need to trace in relation to the disorder have been released.

Newcastle Area Commander Chief Superintendent Gary Calvert said: “The investigation is well underway with a further 18 people arrested in the past week, they are now on bail while a full investigation continues.

“I’d like to thank the public again for their continued help in providing information to us about those involved in the disturbance last Sunday.

“The enquiry continues at pace and we’re doing everything possible to trace those suspected of being involved in any disorder. As we’ve said previously, we anticipate more arrests and will be releasing more images as the enquiry continues.

“I’d also like to reiterate that anyone involved in football-related disorder are very much in the minority, and damage the reputation of true football fans and the people of Newcastle.

“I’d urge people who recognise anyone in the images to contact us at the earliest opportunity.”

Anyone who recognises the people in the images is asked to contact police, anonymously if necessary, on 101 ext 69191, or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.