TWO teenagers have gone on trial accused of the abuction and gang rape of a young girl.
An 18-year-old man from Hartlepool, along with a 17-year-old, are alleged to have abducted the teen from Blackhall Colliery and taken her to a remote lane before taking turns to rape her three times each.
A third man, also 18, is accused of taking part in the abduction. The victim was left bruised and bleeding following the attack, a jury at Durham Crown Court heard.
Prosecutor Matthew Bean said the girl later told her mother about the attack.
The court heard the incident began in a street in Blackhall Colliery on the day of the annual horse fair.
“The girl had been given permission by her mother to visit the fair,” said Mr Bean.
“The defendants were in a car when they spoke to her.
“They asked if she was gay, which she couldn’t answer because she didn’t know what the question meant.
“She was also asked her age, she said 13 or 14, although a friend present at the time recalls her saying 15.”
The jury heard the girl got into the car and was driven to a remote lane, close to an industrial estate, near Peterlee.
One of the 18-year-olds stayed in the car while the other two young men led the girl down a track where the alleged rapes took place.
Mr Bean added: “The prosecution say the defendants would have known they had no lawful authority or permission to take the girl.
“Their purpose was to take her away for sex.
“The ordeal lasted 40 or 50 minutes, during which time she was crying and asking them to stop.
“Afterwards they took her back to the car, drove back to the centre of the village, and dropped her off close to the pick-up point.”
The 17-year-old and the 18-year-old each deny three charges of rape on August 25.
They and the third defendant each deny child abduction.
None of the defendants can be named for legal reasons.
The trial is expected to last two weeks,