Two people given oxygen after fire at Hartlepool home

Fire crews gave oxygen to two people after an outhouse caught fire at a Hartlepool property.

Tuesday, 20th August 2019, 2:09 pm
Updated Tuesday, 20th August 2019, 3:24 pm
Crews attended to the scene of a fire on Jones Road, Hartlepool

Cleveland Fire Brigade received a call at around 4.10am on Tuesday, August 20 to reports of a fire at a property in the town.

Two appliances from Stranton Fire Station attended the scene of a fire on Jones Road in the West View area of Hartlepool.

An outhouse at the property was on fire and was found to have suffered smoke and heat damage.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire was dealt with fairly quickly by the crews and the two occupiers of the property were treated at the scene and given oxygen.

A spokesperson for Cleveland Fire Brigade said: “One hose reel and two breathing apparatus were in use.” Time of stop was around 4.40am.”

No serious damage has been reported by the fire service following the incident.