Dogs rescued in shed fire drama

TWO dogs were rescued by firefighters after a motorbike sparked a shed blaze.

A Rottweiler and a lurcher were pulled from a burning shed in Annandale Crescent, Hartlepool, after it burst into flames.

A motorbike was responsible for the drama as its hot exhaust was up against a plastic drainpipe that melted and caught fire.

The flames also caused damage to the bike and the back door of the house at 10.45am yesterday.

A spokesman for Stranton Fire Station said: “We used breathing apparatus to get close and the dogs were taken to safety. They were ok and no-one was hurt in the incident.”

The station’s crew were at the house for an hour.