A FAMILY support group is urging parents to take up places at fun groups for them and their kids.
Hartlepool family support charity PATCH runs a number of parent and child playgroups across the town for families with children under five.
There are currently a number of spaces left in several of the groups which take place during the week at children centres across Hartlepool.
The groups on offer take place on:
* Tuesdays between 1pm and 2.30pm at Hindpool Children’s Centre, in Hindpool Close, on the Central Estate;
* Wednesdays from 1.15pm to 2.45pm at Lynnfield Children’s Centre, Elcho Street, off Murray Street;
* Wednesdays from 1.15pm to 2.45pm at Rift House Children’s Centre, Owton Manor Lane;
* Thursdays starting at 3.30pm until 4.30pm, which is a grandparent and carers group, at the PATCH offices, at Dimensional House, 81 Stranton;
* Fridays at 9.30am to 11am at the PATCH offices;
* Fridays from 1.15pm to 2.45pm at Grange School Community Room, Owton Manor Lane.
Jan Dobson, manager at PATCH, said: “The sessions are open to anyone with children under five, and include group activities which are sociable and a lot of fun.”
PATCH, which has been operating in Hartlepool for 20 years, also trains volunteers and delivers a baby support group.
Its staff also work with parents and children on language, literacy and communication activities.
Trained volunteers also provide emotional and practical support in families’ homes.
For further details telephone PATCH on (01429) 862727.