Families across Hartlepool have been lighting candles in support of a town toddler left fighting for his life.
Candles of hope have been lit for the two-year-old boy who was rushed to hospital from the town’s Pizza Hut after it is believed he choked on some food.
The youngster, named locally as Jacob, is currently being cared for at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, where his parents Abigail Wilson and David Jenkins are keeping a bedside vigil.
Yesterday, a post by his mum on the social networking site revealed he was in a coma and fighting for his life.
That prompted many people to light candles of hope in support of the youngster and his family.
Among them were Laura Johnson, who posted on the Hartlepool Mail Facebook page, saying: “Keep fighting hard Jacob, we are all willing you on.”
Steve Young also lit candles, adding: “For the little lad.”
Meanwhile, the Pizza Hut restaurant in Hartlepool remained closed on Sunday.
A sign on the door simply read: “The restaurant will be closed today.”
A spokesperson for Pizza Hut said: “We can confirm that there was a very serious incident involving a child at our Hartlepool Hut.
“Our thoughts and concern are with the child and his family at this very difficult time.”
Have you lit a candle of support for Jacob? Share your pictures and messages of support with us on Facebook or Twitter (@hpoolmail) or email firstname.lastname@example.org