Hartlepool teenagers were forced to flee their school prom last night - after a fire scare sparked an emergency call out.
Year 11 students at English Martyrs School and Sixth Form College, in Hartlepool, had to call a temporary exit the dance floor at their prom night at the Hardwick Hotel, in Blackhall, due to a fire in a ground floor laundry room.
The hotel was evacuated while two crews from Newton Aycliffe extinguished the blaze.
The cause of the fire has not been confirmed.
Crews were called out at 7.33pm and spent an hour at the scene.