Firefighters called to kitchen blaze on Hartlepool Marina

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called after the kitchen of a popular restaurant went up in flames.

The fire in Kings Bar and Restaurant, on Hartlepool Marina, broke out just before midnight on Saturday when the restaurant was closed.

Nobody was in the building and the fire was believed to have started due to a pan being left on the hob of a cooker.

Two appliances from Stranton Station rushed to the restaurant and put the blaze out before any major damage was caused.

The kitchen was smoke damaged but the fire was contained and didn’t spread anywhere else in the restaurant.

Watch manager Mike Smith said: “Fortunately the fire was contained, it didn’t take long to put out.”