Firefighters called to tackle chip pan blaze

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a chip pan fire at a house in Hartlepool.

Two engines from Stranton Fire Station went to the incident in the town’s Derwent Street shortly after 9pm.

The blaze was out upon their arrival, but crews wearing breathing apparatus still went into the property to check it was safe.

A Cleveland Fire Brigade spokeswoman said the fire was severely damaged by smoke.

The fire officers left the scene at 9.10pm last night.