A FREE bus service will be running in Hartlepool over the Easter holidays to help locals and visitors see the town’s attractions.
The Hartlepool Explorer Bus is a pilot scheme by Hartlepool Borough Council being run four times every day between Monday, March 30, and Friday, April 10.
Following a route from Seaton Carew to the Headland and back, the yellow single-decker will stop at five key locations which will be clearly marked with a Hartlepool Explorer Bus sign including:
• Seaton Carew Bus Station for the beach, amusements and shops at 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.30pm, and 2.30pm.
• Transport Interchange in Church Street for Hartlepool Art Gallery at 10.37am, 11.37am, 1.37pm, and 2.37pm.
• Victoria Terrace for Hartlepool’s Maritime Experience at 10.40am, 11.40am, 1.40pm, and 2.40pm.
• Harbour Walk – near the Sea Cadets base – for Hartlepool Marina and the shops, restaurants and bars of Navigation Point at 10.45am, 11.45am, 1.45pm, and 2.45pm.
• Friar Terrace for the Heugh Gun Battery attraction at 10.55pm, 11.55pm, 1.55pm, and 2.55pm.
• Harbour Walk – near to the Sea Cadets base – at 11.05am, 12.05pm, 2.05pm, and 3.05pm,
• Victoria Terrace at 11.09am, 12.09pm, 2.09pm, and 3.09pm.
• the Transport Interchange, at Church Street at 11.12am, 12.12pm, 2.12pm, 3.12pm.
• Seaton Carew Bus Station 11.19am, 12.19pm, 2.19pm, and 3.19pm.
David Worthington, the council’s head of Culture and Information, said: “The free Hartlepool Explorer Bus will link up many of Hartlepool’s key attractions, making it easy for people to hop on and off and enjoy some great days out – which is good news too for the town’s tourist venues and businesses. We will assess the effectiveness of the service at the end of the pilot to help us decide whether it would be worthwhile running it again during future holiday periods.”
Joe Darragh, Estates Director of the Mandale Group, which owns Navigation Point, said: “We are very pleased that the Council is trying out this free bus service to link up attractions around the town.”
Vanessa Southcott, manager of the Heugh Gun Battery Trust, added: “It’s a great idea and we hope people will use it to the full.”
For more information about the Hartlepool Explorer Bus service, call (01429) 523855.