Hartlepool United’s most famous supporter is set to hit the road to Wembley in March as he takes on an epic challenge.
Jeff Stelling, the face of popular Saturday afternoon show Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports, is to walk 10 marathons in 10 days in aid of Prostate Cancer UK.
The walk will kick off each morning at a football ground, starting at Pools’ Victoria Park on March 21 and ending at Wembley, London, on March 30. Jeff and his team will walk for about 10 hours a day, and hope to raise thousands for the charity.
Joining the team is by invitation only, and would-be fundraisers should get in touch with Prostate Cancer UK with brief information about themselves, their motivation for walking, and ideas for fundraising. Among the grounds they will visit are Leeds United, Aston Villa and Leicester.
For more information, visit prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/walk-with-jeff
1) Mon, Mar 21, Hartlepool Utd – Middlesbrough – Marske
2) Tues, Mar 22, York City – Leeds United
3) Weds, Mar 23, Doncaster Rovers – Scunthorpe Utd
4) Thurs, Mar 24, Rotherham Utd – Sheff Wed & Sheff Utd – Chesterfield
5) Fri, Mar 25, Derby County – Burton Albion*/Nottm Forest – Notts County
6) Sat, Mar 26, Wolves – Walsall/West Brom/Aston Villa – Birmingham City
7) Sun, Mar 27, Coventry City – Leicester City
8) Mon, Mar 28, Northampton Town – Mk Dons
9) Tues, Mar 29, Luton Town – St. Albans – Watford
10) Weds, Mar 30, Afc Wimbledon – Brentford/Fulham/Chelsea/QPR – Wembley
*(car to Cavendish Bridge)