2012 RACE for Fitness factfile.
● Out of the 2.7 million people in the UK living with coronary heart disease, nearly 1.6 million are under 75-years-old.
● Medics have recorded around 124,000 heart attacks in the United Kingdom every year.
● There are around 1.5 million people in the UK who have survived a heart attack, 1,000,000 men and 500,000 women.
● 2.1 million people are living in the UK with angina. 1.2 million men and 900,000 women.
● Nearly 810,000 people in the UK with heart failure; 380,000 men and 430,000 women.
● Around 4,600 babies in the UK are born each year with Congenital Heart Disease. This means one baby in 145 are born with congenital heart disease.
● Tell us of your plans to improve your health Contact Chris Cordner by writing to him at New Clarence House, Wesley Square, Hartlepool, TS24 8BX or email Chris Cordner