Kitchen damaged in Hartlepool house fire

The kitchen of a Hartlepool home was damaged by fire this morning.

Tuesday, 7th August 2018, 2:52 pm
Updated Tuesday, 7th August 2018, 2:58 pm
Everett Street, Hartlepool. Picture from Google Images.

Two crews from Stranton fire station were called to Everett Street in the town shortly at 10.36am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The kitchen suffered minor damage and there was light smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and hoses to tackle the blaze before clearing the smoke with positive pressure ventilation equipment.

The incident was concluded shortly by 11.14am.