Kitchen fire in York Road home

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a pan sparked a kitchen blaze.

Two appliances from Stranton Station and one from Headland Station attended the property in the town’s York Road after they were alerted of the blaze.

Fortunately the fire was out on arrival.

Firefighters said the residents had isolated the fire to put it out, closed all doors and left the property.

The oven and kitchen was left smoke damaged after the fire at around 1.45pm on Saturday.

Nobody was hurt.