Man bitten by snake

A TOWN exile was rushed to hospital after being bitten by a snake in a pub garden.

Gordon Hutchinson, 50, originally from Hartlepool, was working at a pub when he spotted an adder in the grass outside, near to a children’s play area.

Despite the slippery creatures possessing deadly venom, Gordon tried to grab it but the snake turned and sank its fangs in to his skin.

The incident happened at the Broads Haven Tavern, near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, where Gordon now lives and works as a caretaker.

His arm ballooned to twice its normal size after the attack and a friend rushed him to hospital where he was kept in for two nights.