They range from a Tyne and Wear teenager to a woman in her 50s from Houghton-le-Spring - and all have gone missing without a trace.
Their names and photographs are featured on a charity website dedicated to trying to trace the thousands of people who go missing in Britain each year.
Missing People lists the basic information of people who have gone missing across the UK - including 16 in the North East of England.
With Christmas just two weeks away, there would be no better time to provide some insight to the families still waiting for their loved ones to come home.
Here are six people (pictured) missing from our region. Do you know them? The numbers run top row, from left to right, and then bottom row, from left to right.
1. Louise Tume, 18, went missing from Darlington on June 9, 2005.
2. Margaret Lewis, 56, went missing from Houghton-le-Spring on January 31, 2002.
3. Mariam Ashraff, 14, went missing from Newcastle upon Tyne on March 9, 2006.
4. Deniro Kwiatkowski, 14, went missing from Tyne and Wear on July 17, 2015.
5. Melvyn Gamblin, 37, went missing from Darlington on September 3, 2004.
6. Callum Young, 22, went missing from Sunderland on August 27, 2015.
If you have any information, report a sighting to Missing People as follows:
***call 116 000. This number is a free, confidential, 24-hour helpline supported by players of the People's Postcode Lottery. If you are missing, are thinking of running away or need any other advice, please call this number.
***completing the online sightings form