In a week which celebrates apprentices and the work that they do, we're looking at the most important tasks undertaken during a course.
A study has revealed a top 10 list for the most important jobs done by an apprentice during their time with a company.
National Apprenticeship Week launched in the capital yesterday, and the research was carried out by Positive Outcomes, a leading apprenticeships provider.
More than 220 young people took part in the survey - and they were asked to share the most unusual thing required of them throughout their traineeship.
Ryan Longmate, joint managing director of Positive Outcomes, said: “We received some really fun and quirky responses from this particular question within the survey, but what we found really interesting was the amount of answers given by apprentices that involved a high degree of responsibility and trust.
"A majority of the answers that came back demonstrated how the apprentices were being tasked with very senior projects.
"It goes to show that apprenticeships offer plenty of opportunities for diverse, entertaining and fun happenings as well as giving apprentices the opportunities to work on some very senior tasks.”
THE TOP 10
1. Put together the infrastructure for a new office
2. Organise an office opening with the mayor of the town
3. Introduce new concepts to the boss
4. Train other colleagues
5. Attend client meetings
6. Take part in a charity bike ride using a static bike in store
7. Book a yacht for 24 people
8. Take pictures of customers for the company’s social media pages
9. Assist with a brand refresh for the company
10. Organise the company’s social events