COULD you be the pride of 2012?
● Child of Achievement: We are looking for a child who has demonstrated exceptional achievement in their life. They may have excelled academically, achieved great sporting success, raised money for a good cause, or been a great support to someone.
● Community Champion: An individual who may have been a good friend and who you think has made a significant contribution to your community. This person may be someone who has cared for you, a friend or family member.
● Child of Courage: This category recognises those children who have shown exceptional courage in their life. They may have overcome great odds or made sacrifices or shown courage in dealing with an illness or battling through a traumatic experience.
● Young Performer of the Year (Under 21): This category is to showcase the young talent in Hartlepool and is open to both groups and individuals. It includes actors, comedians, dancers and cheerleaders, singers, bands and musicians as well as other entertainers, jugglers and ventriloquists.
● Sporting Achievement: This award recognises individuals who have proved outstanding achievement in a specific sporting field. Not only does it recognise sporting skill but also recognises drive, ambition, and determination even through the face of adversity. The award will be made to an individual who demonstrates exceptional sporting talent and determination. The judges will assess the background history of the person, and the achievement he or she has made within sport and where applicable to personal challenges.
● Student of the Year: This award recognises individuals who have achieved success in the education system. The judges are looking for individuals who have achieved results that many thought previously unachievable. It can be from achieving excellent grades at school, sixth form or University, overcoming learning difficulties through the education process, through to doing a further education course later in life.
● Community Group: We are looking for a group of people, whether they are paid or volunteers, who have made a real difference in the community. The award will be made to a group whose time, effort, support and aspirations have improved an area for the benefit of those who live, work and play there.
● Fundraiser of the Year: This award recognises individuals or groups who by their hard work and dedication have made a difference to a charity or cause. The judges are looking for those who have demonstrated continued commitment through fundraising while using initiative to maximise the impact of fundraising campaigns, giving their own time and effort to help out a good cause.
● Local Hero: This award recognises, encourages and rewards an individual who has shown exceptional courage grit or determination in their life. They may have overcome great odds or made sacrifices, shown great courage in dealing with an illness, or battled through a traumatic experience. They could have acted selflessly and shown great bravery in an emergency situation. This person will be truly a Local Hero who has touched the lives of others, (this category will go out to a public vote).
● Emergency Services Hero: This award recognises individuals who have demonstrated either outstanding achievement and bravery while going about their day-to-day duties or perhaps in a life threatening situation, Or someone who has simply gone above and beyond their call of duty.
● Green Champion: This award recognises a person or group of people who actively work, live and promote green issues and green living to the benefit of the community. It could include individuals or a group who have made a conscious decision to live or work “greener” or a person within an organisation or work place who has improved the living or working environment by promoting green practice. It could also be a school/college/group or initiative that has had a positive impact.
● Safer Community: This award recognises individuals/groups at the heart of communities who deliver improvements and change with lasting benefits. The judges are looking for individuals/groups which have tackled anti-social behaviour, invested in community facilities, created community groups, developed integrated communities and improved aesthetic appeal.
Click to make your nomination for Pride of Hartlepool 2012 Pride of Hartlepool Nomination Form