Schoolboys’ sick sex attack on girl

TWO schoolboys bound and gagged a girl and subjected her to a brutal knifepoint sex attack.

They tied the girl to a chair using a washing line, put plastic bags put over her head so she couldn’t breathe, and she was forced to perform a sex act on one of the youths.

The boys, both 15, forced her into a small cupboard, threw her down some stairs, dragged her around by her hair and pulled the bottom half of her clothes down.

They also wrapped a scarf around her neck and stuffed it in her mouth so any screams could not be heard

The victim was left covered in bruises, but the full extent of the attack only came to light several days later when she spoke to a teacher.

Teesside Crown Court heard the attack started in a Hartlepool property when one of the boys pulled out a knife and poked her legs with it.

She was then pulled downstairs when she slipped and banged her head, before she was then pushed onto a couch in the living room and subjected to more humiliation.

Sarah Mallett, prosecuting, said the girl was grabbed by the throat by the other youth and when they left briefly she tried to escape out of a window, but could not get through.

Miss Mallett said: “They then sat her in a chair and tied her up using a washing line, and her left hand and leg were tied together.

“She was also tied to the chair and held while her bottoms were pulled down.”

One of the boys grabbed another knife and said to the other: “If she screams there’s that”.

They took her mobile phone from her so she could not call the police and when plastic bags were put over her head, she had to bite through them in order to breathe.

The victim cried throughout the ordeal and said she wanted to go home, but was not allowed to leave.

She was then dragged upstairs by her hair, thrown onto a bed and made to perform a sex act on one of the boys.

Miss Mallett added: “The prosecution say there was an element of humiliation and degradation in the behaviour of these two young men.”

Afterwards, they returned her phone and walked her to a bus stop while she was still crying.

Both youths, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to rape and false imprisonment.

Nathan Rasiah, mitigating for one of the teenagers, said he posed a risk and had shown little understanding of the seriousness of the crime.

He was given four years detention in a young offenders’ institution.

Judge Simon Bourne-Arton said: “The words rape and false imprisonment in many ways are inadequate to describe that which you and your friend did to her.

“You submitted her to what on any view was a horrifying ordeal. You have damaged her emotionally and physically. Most significant and disturbing you have no understanding of the affect what you did has had on her and you have demonstrated little or no remorse.”

The other youth will be sentenced at a later date after being mentally assessed.

DC Chris Bryan, of Hartlepool CID, said: “This was a horrific attack on a young girl which lasted a number of hours and left the victim physically injured and mentally traumatised. I am pleased with the sentence that has been given and I hope that it provides some form of closure for the victim.”