STAYING up all night to see the election results come in?
Here are seven ways to beat drowsiness and power on through until the morning.
1) Drink coffee - the obvious one first. But take it slow, as too much too fast and you’ll start shaking before snoring.
2) Have a little nap - Has it all gone quiet? Catch 20 winks – the optimum power napping time.
3) Keep the lights on – Darkness is your enemy as it is the biggest indicator to your brain that it is stupid o’clock in the morning.
4) Move – Yes, put the pizza down and go for a walk. Even better, do some star jumps in the living room (unless you live in a flat as the person below may not be the keen election geek that you are).
5) Keep busy – Idle hands are not a good idea. Tweet, juggle, build a replica of Number 10... anything to keep your hand-eye coordination going.
6) Don’t drink alcohol – Boozy = Snoozy.
7) Alert the senses! – Bite a chilli, suck an ice cube.