A TRACTOR burst into flames just moments after a farmer had been driving it.
A crew from Peterlee Fire Station was called to Lambs Close Farm, in Hutton Henry, where the vehicle was ablaze.
A station spokesman said: “The whole tractor was on fire. It had overheated due to an electrical fault. The farmer had just finished using it.
“He went into the house and could smell burning and when he returned, the tractor was engulfed in flames.”
Firefighters spent 20 minutes tackling the fire, which happened around 12.30pm on Thursday.