Trapped boy, 3, in rescue drama

FIREFIGHTERS went to the rescue of a youngster who locked himself in a bathroom.

A crew from Stranton Fire Station was sent to a house in Cobden Street, in the Grange Road area of Hartlepool, where a three-year-old boy was trapped in the bathroom,

A station spokesman said the boy had bolted himself in and couldn’t get out.

The fire service was contacted at 8.30am yesterday and spent five minutes at the house.

The spokesman said: “We broke the back of the lock and let the boy out and he was fine.

“We also repaired the lock while we were there.”