A VILE Facebook page where people post comments about the sexual exploits of women in Hartlepool has been taken down.
Calls were made for the page ‘S**gs of Hartlepool’ to be removed after its content was branded “disgusting and degrading”.
The page was set up on June 21 and some 1,473 had joined it.
It named a number of women – revealing lurid details about their sex lives with others commenting on their behaviour.
Several women were repeatedly targeted by individuals and their personal details and numbers were also revealed.
Domestic violence campaigners condemned the site and police warned anyone posting vile comments could be prosecuted.
But after the Mail reported the page to Facebook it was taken down.
Lesley Gibson, who runs the domestic violence support service Harbour in Hartlepool, said: “This is simply disgusting and degrading and another form of abuse. We are pleased it has been removed.”
Disgusting messages were posted on the site, which the Mail has altered the name of out of decency, by men and women who have openly identified themselves.
Those tormented by the comments have been forced to respond and have found themselves the victim of repeated cruel taunts
The page prompted huge response from readers disgusted what had been revealed.
June Martin commented: “It’s disgusting what people are saying about innocent young girls.”
Angela Pounder said: “It’s awful and it’s hoping to cause a load of trouble.
“Name and shame the person who created it.”
Eric McGibbon added on our Facebook page: “It should never have bn allowed. Must be a lot of frustrated inadequate people using the site.”