Woman died from overdose

A WOMAN died after taking a lethal mixture of prescription drugs.

Susan Magee's body was found at her Hartlepool home surrounded by empty tablet bottles.

Despite paramedics' frantic attempts to revive her, she died at the scene, Hartlepool Coroners' Court heard.

Tests showed Mrs Magee, a housewife, died after taking a significant quantity of tablets, said Hartlepool coroner Malcolm Donnelly.

An inquest into the circumstances of her death heard that Mrs Magee, 51, suffered from depression and had been prescribed medication by her doctor.

She died at her home in Stamford Walk, Hartlepool, on June 9 this year.

Police attended, but did not find any suspicious circumstances.

Hartlepool coroner Malcolm Donnelly said: "She had depression and was receiving medication.

"She got down for no particular reason. Things would strike her and for whatever reason she would get herself down about it."

Mr Donnelly said he could not be sure it was not a cry for help by Mrs Magee as no note was found.

He said: "This wasn't an accident as no one else was involved. But I can't be satisfied that she intended to take her own life."

Mr Donnelly recorded a narrative verdict that Mrs Magee died from an overdose.