Carl Magnay WILL serve a three-match ban after Hartlepool United decided against appealing his straight red at Wycombe.
Boss Ronnie Moore hadn’t seen the incident in the closing stages of the 2-1 defeat at Adams Park and said he would look at the tape before taking a decision over whether to lodge an appeal.
Carl is a good right-back, no doubt, he looked polished and was our best defender as the other three weren’t at itRonnie Moore, Pools boss
But having reviewed the video evidence, the League Two club has decided against an appeal to the Football Association.
And Magnay, who was filling in at right back for the injured Michael Duckworth, will now miss the league matches against Exeter City, Cambridge United and Yeovil Town.
Magnay, one of the best players so far this season, started the campaign in the holding midfield role but moved to his more natural full-back role after Duckworth’s hamstring injury.
He was given his marching orders for violent conduct by referee Darren Deadman after throwing Wycombe’s Ryan Sellers to the floor.
His absence is a big blow to Moore, who said: “Carl is a good right-back, no doubt, he looked polished and was our best defender as the other three weren’t at it.”
Moore is also without Jordan Richards (back) and Magnay’s prolonged absence from the first team will see the manager dip into the emergency loan market for cover when it opens tomorrow.
The Pools boss also wants to boost his midfield options.
* Hartlepool United’s reserves kick off their new campaign away at Scunthorpe United today.
They travel to take on the Iron in the Final Third Development League (KO 2pm) at Brigg Town’s Hawthorns stadium.
Pools’ first team aren’t in action again until Saturday, when they make the long trip to Exeter City so boss Ronnie Moore may give some of his fringe players a run out.
The likes of Kudus Oyenuga, Lewis Hawkins, Peter Denton and Ebby Nelson-Addy are expected to feature.