LUKE James is in contention for a return to the Hartlepool United squad for the weekend trip to Cheltenham Town.
The 19-year-old striker has handed in two transfer requests and missed three days of training last week but is now back in the fold at Pools.
Speaking at this morning’s press conference Pools manager Colin Cooper said as far as he is concerned the higly-rated forward - who has been the subject of a rejected bid from Peterborough United - is “part of the squad going forward”.
James missed Saturday’s 2-1 win at Wimbledon after not turning up for training at the end of last week.
He was back at Maiden Castle, in Durham, on Tuesday following the Bank Holiday Monday break and has been in the rest of the week.
Cooper said: “Luke is back in, he is training and, as far as I am concerned is part of the squad going forward.
“I have addressed it by having the conversation that I wanted to have had with him and I have had two or three in the last few days.
“He’s back and, as far as I am concerned we just crack on.”
The Pools squad will be making the long-trip south to Whaddon Road tomorrow and Cooper said he wants to see his side build on the Dons win.
He added: “Once you get off and running you want to try and back it up with something.
“Obviously we have another long journey, very similar to last week, so lets hope travelling home on Saturday we have the same kind of feeling.”