RONNIE Moore wants to keep Hartlepool UNITED – on and off the park.
The Pools boss takes his side to Wycombe this afternoon with his first three signings on board – Rakish Bingham, Scott Harrison and Aaron Tshibola.
Moore yesterday brought in Sunderland defender Harrison and Mansfield Town striker Bingham on loan until the end of the season while Tshibola has signed on a one-month deal from Reading.
With Oxford United defender Michael Raynes rumoured to be the next arrival, the Pools manager has made an immediate mark following the opening of the transfer window.
Harrison has been training with Pools this week with the Black Cats already having given their blessing for the 21-year-old to join Pools.
But Moore explained in SportMail on Thursday that he was reluctant to sign a player he had not seen in a match situation.
But that has either been resolved or he’s been satisfied with what he’s seen of the Middlesbrough-born centre-half on the training ground.
Wigan product Bingham actually played against Pools on Boxing Day after coming on as a sub at Field Mill.
The 21-year-old has power and pace, commodities Moore has been looking for.
So too has Tshibola, a young talent once on Man United’s radar. The midfielder, who celebrated his 20th birthday yesterday, carries a physical presence in the centre of the field and has already played in the Championship for the Royals. Moore explained this week that following several knockbacks from targets he would not hesitate to bring in younger, but athletic, players.
He has done just that.
All three will feature at Wycombe and home supporters will get their first view next Saturday of Bingham and Tshibola when Cheltenham come to town.
Moore is hoping fans will again turn out in force at Victoria Park.
The experienced manager says he has been knocked out by the support so far on home soil.
Attendances of 4,070 and 4,108 have watched the matches against Oxford United and Morecambe with numbers swelled by a special offer initiated by new owners TMH 2014.
“The fans have been brilliant so far and I’d like to thank them for their support,” said Moore.
“Their backing is vital for what we are trying to do here.
“All our home games are important and we have Cheltenham here next week.
“Sunday [the performance against Morecambe] was not good enough and it wasn’t fair on the fans who deserved better.
“Obviously there were some heated words after the game, all from me, which is a bit disappointing because you would like the players to have a response to what is being said.
“We’ve got to get them back on track, they are better than what they are showing.
“But they need to show the public what they can do with the help of a few new faces and I’m hoping we’ll have them in.”
Raynes looks like being the next addition Moore makes after Oxford boss Michael Appleton said the 27-year-old was free to leave the Kassam Stadium.
Raynes, who stands 6ft 4in, has been out of the picture at Oxford since Appleton signed Chey Dunkley in November.
The Manchester-born centre-half has not been named in the match day squad of 18 since, even for FA Cup ties where Dunkley was unavailable.
Appleton told the Oxford Mail: “Chey was brought in to bring competition for places at centre half and what’s happened because of that is Raynesey has been forced out slightly.
“I don’t want to stand in anyone’s way, certainly someone at his age.
“And I think he’s at a point now where he’s looking forward to getting back up north.”