Newcastle United star wanted by Liverpool and Arsenal as Chelsea and Tottenham look for new additions

editorial image

LIVERPOOL and Arsenal are ready for a January transfer battle over Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye, while Chelsea are ready to add two teenagers to their squad.

The transfer window may be closed at present, but today’s national newspapers are full of rumours ahead of it opening again on January 1.

French midfielder Cabaye could be the subject of renewed interest, with Liverpool and Arsenal chasing the Newcastle man’s signature – Daily Express

Arsenal are also interested in Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato, who currently plays for Corinthians – talkSPORT

Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has revealed he was close to joining Manchester City before Roberto Mancini left the club, and has refused to rule out a move there in January – Metro

Chelsea are hoping to add two more talented teenagers to their squad with moves for Benfica winger Lazar Markovic, 19, and Inter Milan midfielder Pedro Delgado, 16 – Metro

Tottenham Hotspur will renew their interest in Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao in January – London Evening Standard

Fulham and Sunderland are set to battle it out to sign Venezuelan midfielder Tomas Rincon – The Sun

Liverpool will fight it out with Inter Milan and Verona to sign 20-year-old Argentine winger Juan Iturbe – talkSPORT

Blackburn Rovers have insisted that they will not sell prolific striker Jordan Rhodes in January, despite the club’s £54million debt – The Sun

Spurs are preparing to step up their interest in Brazilian winger Neilton after the player’s agent said the 19-year-old is no nearer to signing a new contract at current club Santos – Daily Express

Dundee United defender John Souttar, 17, who turned down Sunderland last month, says he rejected the chance to play in the Premier League because he did not want to be another lost Scot down south – Daily Record