MONTPELLIER president Louis Nicollin has ruled out selling Newcastle United target Remy Cabella this month.
Newcastle are interested in attacking midfielder Cabella.
But Nicollin is adamant that the 23-year-old will stay at the relegation-threatened club until the summer, when he will listen to offers.
“I would prefer that he leaves on the July 1, or later,” Nicollin told RTL in France.
“Then, and only then, if there are good offers, that will allow us to have a great next season, especially if we are in Ligue 1.
“There is however no question about it happening now. I have heard everything in the last days. It is all baseless.”
Montpellier coach Rolland Courbis has previously questioned the wisdom of a move to United for Cabella, who he has also suggested is being lined up as a replacement for Yohan Cabaye.
Cabaye is a target for Paris Saint-Germain, but Newcastle are yet to receive a bid for the midfielder in this month’s transfer window.
Courbis said: “I think Newcastle are interested because they will definitely say yes to PSG for the money. But us, we are not stupid.
“There is already one of us who is over there (Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa), and I wish him all the best.
“I think that Remy deserves something else other than Newcastle. Me, personally, I would not go over there.”