LiveStory of the day: Hartlepool United 2-0 Aldershot Town – Luke Molyneux and Mark Shelton help Pools to a third straight home win
Hartlepool United made it three wins in a row at Victoria Park as they beat Aldershot Town 2-0 in the National League.
A goal for Luke Molyneux five minutes into his first start of the season set the tone for a comfortable afternoon as Mark Shelton headed in from Molyneux’s corner to make it 2-0 inside the opening 20-minutes.
The result sees Pools back within three points of the play-offs.
Scroll through our blog to see how events unfolded...
FULL-TIME: Hartlepool United 2 (Molyneux 5', Shelton 20') Aldershot Town 0
Last updated: Saturday, 08 February, 2020, 18:38
- Pools XI: Killip, Southam-Hales, Liddle, Odusina, Kitching, Featherstone, Shelton, Molyneux, Donaldson, Toure, Harker
- Pools subs: Anderson, Richardson, Mafuta, Hawkes, Keena
- Pools bookings: Molyneux (45)
- Aldershot XI: M.Walker, Tinkler, Kinsella, Rance, Lyons-Foster, Rowe, Bettamer, Chislett, Berkeley-Agyepong, Koue, Tanner
- Aldershot subs: Santos, Panayiotou, Whittingham, Fowler, L. Walker
- Aldershot bookings: Tanner (50)
- Referee: Andrew Kitchen
- Attendance: 3,442 (165 Aldershot)
Thanks for joining us in our Pools live blog!
Scroll down to catch up with events as they unfolded...
Luke Molyneux on his return to the starting XI
The goal was just a bonus for me, the main thing was getting back out there and starting again. It's just great to be back but a goal and and assist was perfect to help contribute to the win. It's been frustrating been out for so long but now I'm back I'm just hoping to kick-on and hopefully I'll get another chance next week!
Full-time verdict from Dominic Scurr
FULL-TIME: Pools 2-0 Aldershot
90+1: Final change for Pools: Shelton goes off to be replaced by Josh Hawkes
Four minutes stoppage time to be played.
Keena with a great chance!
Mafuta HAS to score
Second substitution for Pools
80' - Shelton shoots wide of the left post from the edge of the box
79' - Kitching flashes a ball across goal but no one is there
The flag is up anyway as Harker tries to connect on the slide.