Story of the day: Hartlepool United 4-0 Weymouth – fans return with a bang at Victoria Park as Pools finish fourth
Hartlepool United ended the regular season in style in front of their home supporters as they claimed a 4-0 win over Weymouth at Victoria Park.
Goals from Ryan Johnson, Rhys Oates, Mark Shelton and Gavan Holohan saw Pools claim a comfortable victory against The Terras.
The result means Pools end the season fourth in the National League due to Stockport County winning 1-0 at Yeovil Town.
It means Pools will host Bromley in the play-off eliminator round match at Victoria Park on June 6 (4pm kick-off).
Refresh the page and scroll through our live blog to stay up to date…
A message from the Football Clubs Editor
Our aim is to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and most informative Hartlepool United coverage 365 days a year.
This depth of coverage costs, so to help us maintain the high-quality reporting that you are used to, please consider taking out a subscription to our new sports-only package here.
Your support is much appreciated. Richard Mennear, Football Clubs Editor
FULL-TIME: Hartlepool United 4 (Johnson 8’, Oates 34’, Shelton 64’, Holohan 78’) Weymouth 0
Last updated: Saturday, 29 May, 2021, 12:35
- It’s the final day of the regular National League season as Pools will find out where they have finished in the table and who they will play in the play-offs next month
- Pools XI: James; Ferguson, Johnson, Liddle, Cass, Sterry; Featherstone, Shelton, Holohan; Oates, Elliott
- Pools subs: Ravas, Francis-Angol, Crawford, Donaldson, Molyneux
- Pools bookings: Featherstone (88)
- Weymouth XI: Benfield; McQuoid, Leslie-Smith, Robinson, Brooks, Dallas, Mensah, Murray, Harfield, Worman, Fonkeu
- Weymouth subs: Ngalo, Lander, Bruton, Ross, Shields
- Weymouth bookings: Brooks (38)
- Referee: Adam Herezeg