West Brom are determined to keep Saido Berahino, despite reports of a Newcastle bid for the striker.
The Baggies' position remains unchanged ahead of Monday's transfer deadline and they expect to the 22-year-old to stay this month, Press Association Sport reports.
The Magpies have been continually linked with Berahino as boss Steve McClaren looks to buy big in January to safeguard their Barclays Premier League future, and reports emerged of a £21million offer today.
But Albion do not expect to receive an acceptable bid for the England Under-21 international this month, and chairman Jeremy Peace is unlikely to sanction a move this close to the transfer deadline.
The Baggies are understood to be aware of the interest in the frontman, but any parties are believed to have been told Berahino is not for sale.
West Brom rejected four bids from Tottenham in the summer - which led to Berahino threatening to strike - and he has struggled for form this season.
He made his first start since October when he scored twice in Saturday's 2-2 FA Cup draw with Peterborough to take his tally to six for the campaign.
Last year Berahino, whose contract expires in 2017, scored 20 goals for Albion, and boss Tony Pulis knows owner Peace will make the final call.
"There's two more days to wait," Pulis said after the Peterborough draw. "The chairman will make the decisions on the financial matters and that's really what it boils down to.
"I think football-wise, everyone would want to keep Saido here. When you put Saido in front of goal, he's a goalscorer.
"But we need to get him fit because he's not fully fit."