Pervert told jail 'highly likely' after admitting child sex offence and having over 100,000 indecent images

A pervert has been told a prison sentence is ‘highly likely’ after pleading guilty to a child sex offence and having over 100,000 indecent images of youngsters.

Tuesday, 2nd March 2021, 2:46 pm

Stuart Henderson, 44, admitted seven counts of making indecent images and photographs of children from between February 1 in 2008 and April 27 last year.

He also pleaded guilty to a charge of sexual activity with a child when he appeared at Teesside Crown Court on Tuesday, March 1.

Henderson accepted having a total of 118,652 moving and still indecent images of children made up of 1,411 in the most serious category, 2,909 in the next, and 114,332 in the least serious categorisation.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Teesside Crown Court, Middlesbrough. Picture by FRANK REID
Teesside Crown Court, Middlesbrough. Picture by FRANK REID

Sentencing was adjourned for six weeks until April for a report to be prepared.

But the Recorder of Middlesbrough Judge Paul Watson QC, said: “Just on a cursory glance it seems custody is highly likely.”

Henderson, of Victoria Terrace, Hartlepool, was granted bail and must sign the sex offenders register.

Read More

Read More
Suspended Hartlepool prison officer asks for jury trial after denying extreme po...

Support your Mail and become a subscriber today. Enjoy unlimited access to local news, the latest on Pools and new puzzles every day. With a digital subscription, you can see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Click here to subscribe.