Family of Hartlepool man missing in Brussels receive 'the most terrible and devastating news'
David Dixon's family says they have received "the most terrible and devastating news about our beloved David".
The 53-year-old, who is originally from Hartlepool but was living in Brussels, had been missing since the Metro blast on Tuesday.
The IT programmer was unaware the city was under attack until being contacted by his worried aunt.
Sign up to our daily newsletter
The i newsletter cut through the noise
The father of one replied and told her he was safe, but Mrs Dixon’s relief swiftly turned to anguish just over an hour later after terrorists struck at the Maalbeck underground station.
Since then his family have been desperately searching and appealing for help.