Woman treated for smoke inhalation after house fire

A woman suffered from the effects of smoke after a house fire.

Thursday, 18th July 2019, 12:38 pm
Margaret Terrace. Picture from Google Images

A crew from Peterlee fire station was called to Margaret Terrace in Trimdon Colliery at 9.30am last night, Tuesday, July 16.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “There was an elderly lady who was out of the property before we got there, suffering from smoke inhalation. The fire had started in the living room and spread through the whole house. It is severely damaged.”