Police confirm missing 12-year-old boy from Hartlepool has been found
Cleveland Police has confirmed a 12-year-old boy who was last seen in Hartlepool on Wednesday, June 2, has been found.
An urgent appeal was launched on social media as police officers called for the public’s help to find Leo Bartolo – who they say was last seen in the Winterbottom Avenue area of Hartlepool at around 8pm on Wednesday, June 2.
Police also told members of the public that the youngster is often known to frequent empty buildings and derelict areas within the town.
At 11.30pm on Wednesday evening, Cleveland Police took to social media a second time to confirm Leo had been found.
A spokesman for the force said: “Leo Bartolo, age 12, has now been safely located. Thank to everyone who shared the appeal!”