Middlesbrough face competition from Burnley, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Stoke and Preston for ex-Sunderland target
The prolific forward is out of contract this summer at the Valley and is expected to leave.
The 30-year-old former Sunderland target is said to be 'weighing up his options'.
Boro have been strongly credited with an interest in him, while it has emerged several other clubs are also tracking him including Burnley, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Stoke and Preston North End according to TEAMtalk.
Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has previously admitted his star striker could leave.
“We’ve got Lyle Taylor and his contract finishes on June 30," said Bowyer.
“He’ll probably go somewhere else and will earn more money than he’s got in his career. It could make him for the rest of his life.
“Is he going to put that in jeopardy with the injury risk before a dream move? I don’t think so.
“He’s our main striker and his goals win us games. As a free agent he’ll be getting good offers, and whatever he gets he deserves.
“He’s done really well for us but that’s the reality of the situation."
Championship squads returned to small group training at the start of last week and that will step up over the coming weeks, with the second tier aiming to restart their campaign around the same time as the Premier League.
The top flight announced this week it was aiming to start again June 17.