Story of the day: Hartlepool United 1-1 Exeter City – Pools drop points at Victoria Park for the first time this season
Hartlepool United were denied a Victoria Park victory for the first time in League Two this season as they drew 1-1 with Exeter City.
Luke Molyneux’s first Football League goal gave Pools a first half lead before Exeter’s Sam Nombe equalised before the break.
The second half saw a few half chances but neither side were able to find the winner as they had to settle for a point.
It's only the third time in 2021 Pools have failed to win a league match at home.
Refresh the page and scroll through our live blog to see how events unfolded…
A message from the Football Clubs Editor
Our aim is to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and most informative Hartlepool United coverage 365 days a year.
This depth of coverage costs, so to help us maintain the high-quality reporting that you are used to, please consider taking out a subscription to our new sports-only package here.
Your support is much appreciated. Richard Mennear, Football Clubs Editor
FULL-TIME: Hartlepool United 1 (Molyneux 25’) Exeter City 1 (Nombe 41’)
Last updated: Saturday, 25 September, 2021, 18:25
- Hartlepool United, with a newly contracted Dave Challinor, host Exeter City at Victoria Park this afternoon.
- The Grecians sit level on points with Pools in the table but are a place above them due to superior goal difference.
- Pools XI: Killip; Jones, Francis-Angol, Byrne, Hendrie, Sterry; Featherstone, Shelton, Daly; Molyneux, Fondop
- Pools subs: Mitchell, Odusina, Ogle, Smith, Goodwin, Cook, Cullen
- Pools bookings: Byrne (90)
- Exeter XI: Dawson; Caprice, Ray, Jay, Nombe, Key (Edwards 84), Dieng (Atangana 69), Taylor (Collins 56), Brown, Sweeney, Hartridge
- Exeter subs: Lee, Atangana, Collins, Amond, Daniel, Kite, Edwards
- Exeter bookings: Ray (46), Dieng (59)
- Referee: Leigh Doughty
- Attendance: 5,194 (171 Exeter)