Story of the night: Sutton United 1-0 Hartlepool United – away day blues continue for poor Pools
Hartlepool United’s wait for an away point continued in League Two as they were beaten 1-0 at Sutton United on Tuesday evening.
Ben Goodliffe’s first half strike was enough to separate the sides at Gander Green Lane as Sutton made their dominance count.
It was a frustrating evening for Pools who struggled to get going until the final few minutes when Olofela Olomola and Jamie Sterry both saw headers go wide.
The defeat sees Pools drop to fifth in the League Two table.
A message from the Football Clubs Editor
Our aim is to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and most informative Hartlepool United coverage 365 days a year.
This depth of coverage costs, so to help us maintain the high-quality reporting that you are used to, please consider taking out a subscription to our new sports-only package here.
Your support is much appreciated. Richard Mennear, Football Clubs Editor
FULL-TIME: Sutton United 1 (Goodliffe 25’) Hartlepool United 0
Last updated: Tuesday, 14 September, 2021, 23:53
- Pools XI: Killip; Francis-Angol, Odusina (Ferguson 61), Liddle, Byrne, Sterry; Featherstone, Smith (Olomola 61); Daly, Molyneux, Goodwin (Cullen 77)
- Pools subs: Mitchell, Ogle, Crawford, Jones
- Pools bookings: Featherstone (70), Byrne (73), Sweeney (80), Cullen (86)
- Sutton XI: Bouzanis, Goodliffe, John, Ajiboye, Eastmond, Sho-Silva (Wilson 66), Boldewijn, Joe Kizzi, Milsom, Bennett (Bugiel 63), Smith
- Sutton subs: Wyatt, Rowe, Beautyman, Randall, House
- Sutton bookings: Bugiel (73), Milsom (90)
- Referee: Simon Hooper
- Attendance: 2,484 (251 Pools)
Tonight’s coverage has now concluded
Full-time verdict from Dominic Scurr
Full-time: Sutton 1-0 Pools
89: Sterry heads wide!
Another close header for Pools as Sterry glances wide.