Hallowe'en spook-tacular at The Alnwick Garden falls victim to pandemic but plans in place to light up Christmas
Hallowe’en horrors at The Alnwick Garden have been scaled back due to coronavirus.
Its popular evening scare fest has fallen victim to the pandemic, although its family-friendly daytime event will still go ahead.
Mark Brassell, director of The Alnwick Garden, said: “Much as we would love to have an evening Hallowe’en offer, this year we have made the decision to cancel our popular evening scare event as we can’t deliver it safely in the Covid environment.
"We are, however, hoping to bring it back next year bigger and scarier than ever before.
“We will be spooking The Garden up as usual but having a family friendly daytime Hallowe’en offer through half term albeit with limited tickets.”
In recent years the visitor attraction has been working hard to establish itself as the ‘go-to’ Hallowe’en destination for the North East.
Plans are in place, however, to welcome Santa back in December, with his grotto set up in the magical surroundings of the Treehouse Restaurant for the first time.
The Garden will also be hosting its Christmas Light Trail, which last year attracted over 10,000 visitors.
There will be a smaller ticket allocation this year to ensure social distancing.
Mr Brassell said: “This year has been a tough year and we all need something to look forward to, so we are working extra hard to ensure that we can offer a magical Christmas experience and we know that The Treehouse lends itself perfectly to this.
“By opening The Treehouse to our festive offering, we are able to ensure that social distancing and safety are paramount, not only for staff and visitors but for the big man himself.
“Due to the fact that we have reduced numbers for safety reasons I strongly recommend that visitors book early to avoid disappointment.”
Tickets for both of these experiences go on sale on October 15 via www.alnwickgarden.com with advance booking for Friends of The Garden open on October 12.