Story of the day: Hartlepool United 2-4 Maidenhead United – 10 men Magpies end Pools' title hopes
Hartlepool United suffered their first defeat in over five months at Victoria Park as 10-man Maidenhead United secured a comfortable 4-2 win.
A hat-trick for Alan Massey and another for Danilo Orsi saw the visitors end Pools’ 13 game unbeaten run at Victoria Park as a sublime Rhys Oates solo goal and a late consolation from Danny Elliott weren't enough.
Ryheem Sheckleford was sent off in the first half for Maidenhead but that didn’t stop the visitors securing a comfortable win.
Refresh the page and scroll through our live blog to see how events unfolded...
A message from the Football Clubs Editor
Our aim is to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and most informative Hartlepool United coverage 365 days a year.
This depth of coverage costs, so to help us maintain the high-quality reporting that you are used to, please consider taking out a subscription to our new sports-only package here.
Your support is much appreciated. Richard Mennear, Football Clubs Editor
FULL-TIME: Hartlepool United 2 (Oates 28, Elliott 86) Maidenhead United 4 (Orsi 15, Barratt 38, 47, 55)
Last updated: Saturday, 08 May, 2021, 17:34
- Pools XI: Ravas; Sterry, Odusina, Johnson, FergusonShelton, Featherstone, Holohan; Molyneux, Saunders, Oates
- Pools subs: Donaldson, Francis-Angol, Cass, Williams, Elliott.
- Pools bookings: Ferguson (66), Johnson (90)
- Maidenhead XI: Lovett; Massey, Wells, Parry, Sheckleford, Wiltshire, Sparkes, Ince, Compley, Barratt, Orsi
- Maidenhead subs: Egan, Keetch, Coley, Smith, Kelly
- Maidenhead bookings: Wiltshire (3), Comley (18)
- Maidenhead sendings off: Sheckleford (42)
- Referee: Martin Woods