Story of the day: Oldham Athletic 0-0 Hartlepool United – lack of goals a growing concern for Pools
Hartlepool United picked up their first away point of the new season after playing out a goalless draw against crisis club Oldham Athletic on Saturday afternoon.
Zaine Francis-Angol cleared the ball off the line early on at Boundary Park and Mark Shelton hit the post for Pools but that was as close of both sides came during a match of low quality in Greater Manchester.
The result sees Pools drop to sixth.
Refresh the page and scroll through our live blog to see how events unfolded…
A message from the Football Clubs Editor
Our aim is to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and most informative Hartlepool United coverage 365 days a year.
This depth of coverage costs, so to help us maintain the high-quality reporting that you are used to, please consider taking out a subscription to our new sports-only package here.
Your support is much appreciated. Richard Mennear, Football Clubs Editor
FULL-TIME: Oldham Athletic 0 Hartlepool United 0
Last updated: Saturday, 18 September, 2021, 17:29
- Pools XI: Killip; Ferguson (Ogle 73), Francis-Angol, Liddle, Byrne, Sterry; Featherstone, Shelton, Molyneux; Olomola (Cook 57), Fondop
- Pools subs: Mitchell, Odusina, Smith, Daly, Goodwin
- Pools bookings: Ferguson (42), Liddle (73)
- Oldham XI: Leutwiler; Clarke, Piergianni, Whelan (Bowden 71), Hope, Keillor-Dunn (Vaughan 71), Jameson, Diarra, Bahamboula, Bettache (Dearnley 84), Sheehan
- Oldham subs: Danielewicz, Fage, Da Silva, Couto
- Oldham bookings: Jameson (80), Piergianni (87)
- Referee: Charles Breakspear
- Attendance: 3,934 (946 Pools)